Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Finding out who I am

I've decided growing up is THE hardest thing to do. Maybe its just the finding out who you are part. I didn't think it was possible to change so much, or change so fast! I feel like one minute I am a scared little girl, and the next, well I'm confident and ready to tackle anything with a slight air of defiance. Who do I WANT to be? I've always been that good little mormon girl. Who says I can't be that girl while also being more. I guess I am just so sick of being the pleaser, the one who wants to make everyone else happy. I guess I am starting to realize that I am not a little girl anymore, I'm a woman, coming into my own. I need to make decisions that benefit me! I need to let go of the stupid drama, and feelings of inadequacy. I have done pretty well for myself. So who cares I am not exactly where I thought I would be. I am on the road with just a slight detour. I am going to take myself and life a little less serious. I am going to care about myself and MY decisions, and not worry over other people's choices. I can't change what is done, it only hurts to dwell. So I guess my new mission in life is to let go of the hurt, the pain, the regret...everything negative that I can't change. I'm only going to linger on the things that are important, and that I can do something about.

2 comments:

Stormy and Spenser said...

You go girl! :)

A. L. Martin said...

GO KATE! and I love your background btw!