Friday, June 6, 2008

A little accident?

So I was awakened Thursday to my cell phone ringing. I thought about ignoring it because I was super tired and I wasn't sure I really wanted to talk to anyone who was calling me. However, just on the safe side I checked who was calling. I picked up my phone and it said "GrandPoobah" I was glad I decided to wake up enough to check. I andswered my phone and it was my grandpa, Mr. GrandPoobah. Anyhow, he said "We've had a little accident, can you come down here?" and he was crying, just enough for me to know something was WRONG! I jumped out of bed, threw on a shirt ran down the hallway grabbed my purse, shoes, and keys and bolted out the door. I vaguely remember my mom saying, "What's wrong?" I shouted that there had been an "accident" and I had to GO! I drove faster than I should have and my less than five minute drive seemed to take an eternity. I was crying and praying the whole way, basically that I would have enough strength, and clarity of mind to take care of everything.


I pulled into my grandparents drive way and my grandpa was standing by the car. I ran up and said "Where is she?!" He said she was in her bed. I was so scared and don't think I have ever moved so fast! I walked in and saw THIS...

So my grandma had tripped going up a curb and landed on her knee! It is hard to tell the scale, but her knee looked like a softball was growing out of it! It doesn't look NEARLY as terrifying as it did in person. After seeing my grandma I started to breathe again. While this was bad....it would be okay!


So, I decided to move in with my grandparents until I have to leave for girl's camp on the 16th. It has really been a blessing to spend time with and help my grandparents. My grandma, especially, has done so much for me, and like I have said before, she is pretty much my best friend! I guess being scared poo-less is a pretty good incentive to spend time and enjoy what you have!

1 comment:

Stormy and Spenser said...

Oh my goodness! That looks crazy! Your poor grandma!