Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010

2010 is a year of new commitments. A year of realizing my potential. I have never had a new year feel quite like this. I have so many things I want to accomplish, see, feel, dream. I want to live! I know 2010 is the year of making my life everything I want it to be. I have so many things I am excited for. So here and now I am going to list some of the things I hope to accomplish or become more successful at this year.

1. Becoming a better teacher. I have learned SO much in the past 5 months. I am so looking forward to starting a new semester with my students. I have a lot of ideas that are really getting me jazzed!!
2. Taking time for me. I have realized that when I am stressed and overwhelmed I shut down. I know this may sound funny, but it is HARD to live like that! I need to let myself de-stress and relax! That means a little pampering now and then.
3. Reading my sciptures EVERY day! I have always struggled with getting into a schedule/habit. This year my goal is to read everyday. It helps me to have this written down, because now I am more accountable, and it will drive me crazy if I don't stick with it!
4. Giving my all in my calling. I am now the primary teacher for the 10 year olds in my ward. So far in the class, we have 2 boys who are active. I find this calling very intimidating!! Wish me luck!
5. Appreciating my friends and family. I am extremely blessed with wonderful people in my life. I need to show my appreciation for them more. I hope to be a better sister, daughter, grand daughter, friend, teacher, colleague, child of God.
6. Saving money! I hope to be able to put some money away for a rainy day, and use both my money and time more wisely.
7. Voice lessons. I hope to really dedicate myself and become the best I can be.
8. Making friends. Living in Havasu has been a challenge due to the lack of people my age. It has been lonely at times and I hope that I can put myself out there more.
9. Attending the Temple. I have enjoyed the temple SO much this year, but there always room for improvement in the area of attendance. My goal is to make it no less than once a month.
10. Keeping up on laundry. I am TERRIBLE at it. There are ALWAYS so many clothes, hopefully in 2010 I won't change so much!

So once I got started I was satisfied with nothing less than 10. I hope that this year is a new beginning for all of us. A year of becoming better people, kinder, gentler, softer spoken, caring, encouraging, loving, appreciating, people. It doesnt matter what has happened in the past, if we recommit and have a desire to be better, the BEST is yet to be!!

Happy 2010!

11. Listening to the Holy Ghost! After typing this post I navigated away from this page thinking I had saved it. A message popped up that said, "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" Without reading I clicked "ok." I had one of those feelings telling me "don't do that," but I did it anyway! Uhg! I hate when I don't listen!!! So when I went to view my blog this post wasn't there. LUCKILY, blogspot saves posts as drafts... In 2010, I am going to LISTEN!!!!


P.S. I am officially a certified teacher in the state of Arizona! Its about time!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey i didn't know you moved here to havasu!!!! WE HAVE TO HANG OUT!!!! Where do you live? call me 928-230-1047

Allison said...

I like these...you are inspiring!

A. L. Martin said...

Kate! You are AMAZING! :) I miss your Face!!! And I miss singing with you like no other!