Sunday, July 25, 2010

Oh the chaos!

Alright so I haven't blogged in like a MILLION years!! Life has been CRAZY! I last blogged in January...let's see so that is...6...nearly 7 months. I feel as though I have failed. Remember that goal about being a better blogger? Alas, I am trying.

Events in my life since January:
I have completed my first year of teaching!! Woo-hoo!! It was amazing! I had the best group of kids EVER!! I miss them a lot, but I am excited for them to move on, and am super excited to be teaching KINDERGARTEN this year. That has always been my dream so I am pretty stoked.

I went to girl's camp and have a FANTASTIC time!! We went to Pine Valley Utah, and it was one of the best experiences ever!!! I seriously love the young women's program!

I got realeased from my primary teacher calling and am now primary chorister. (Ask me in a few more weeks if I am excited...;)

I have had the opportunity to have friends come visit! Pam has been here, Pam and Whitney have been here. Amber has visited. I had a complete blast with all of them and hope they felt the same way!!! I want them to come back!!! I have also had the opportunity to go and visit friends and family and I am grateful for those wonderful opportunities!

I have been endowed for a year. Holy CRAZY!! Where did time go?? I have a goal to make it to the temple every month as I head down the two year mark. I started by going in July! Whoot!

Let's see how I have been doing on my goals...

1 - Becoming a better teacher - I am working on it. I don't think this goal will ever stop and I am WAY excited to start the new year.

2 - Taking time for me - well, I'm not sure it has been constructive...but it is a work in progress.

3 - Reading scriptures - I am WORKING on it. A struggle as always but today in church I had an overwhelming desire to be better. To have the Holy Ghost with me ALWAYS, to make sure I take time to feel the comforter around me. I'm going to stop being afraid to ask for that comfort.

4 - Giving my all in my calling - well it is a new calling, and I am trying to be excited as I face new challenges, I will let you know how it goes.

5 - Appreciate friends and family - I am trying to not take them for granted. I know I need to be better at showing my love and appreciation to them.

6 - Saving money - Let's skim over that....haha, I did really well not running out of money for the summer. Does that count??

7 - Voice lessons - remember that money comment? Well it got tight. So, I had to stop...but I hope to try again someday!

8 - Making friends -WOW! This is a hard one when you live in a town where there are not very many people yor age...so it is a working goal!

9 - Attending the temple - As stated above, I am excited to be going. I LOVE the temple!!

10 - Keeping up on laundry - Is this a fair chore?? Haha, Sometimes I am better than others...

11 - Listening to the Holy Ghost - It is something I am learning to be guided by. I need to utilize this AWESOME gift. And I have really and truly started to understand that you don't have to have a smack upside the head...or even a whisper to know what to do. If you are living the way you should a lot of times the answers come without long deliberation. You are guided by having that strength and conviction already in your heart and mind.

1 comment:

PiaNoSPaZ said...

Hey I came twice!! Lol. I'm happy to see you blogging again :) Good job on your goals!